Sunday, July 25, 2010

Round Hill House and The Eagles Nest -July Weddings

I tried to take photos of our work outside before the wedding but it was so humid my camera lens steamed up the minute I walked out of the door. As shown in this single photo.




Instead, I set up inside the house. I like natural outdoor light so much better but what choice did I have. The bouquets and centerpieces for this wedding were really pretty. There were touches of Raspberry colored Roses and Snap Dragons, Cosmos, and Black Raspberries on the vine. It was so nice that I was able to find real Raspberries and they didn’t even have thorns.


The first wedding was out Round Hill House in Washingtonville, NY. http://www.feastcaterers.com


For the tables, we alternated our English style Cloche, antiqued Urns and white ceramic squares. We used green Spider Mums, Green Hydrangea, and raspberry colored Roses, ivory Roses, Raspberries, raspberry colored Snap Dragons, peach Peony, purple Stock and pale yellow tulips. It is great that we were able to get Tulips this time of year too.


In the Cloche, we had a peach Peony, green Spider Mum, purple Delphinium, and a raspberry colored Rose, white Stars of Bethlehem, a cluster of Raspberries and moss.



In the white ceramic squares, we used purple Stock, green Hydrangea, peach Peony, Delphinium and raspberry colored Snap Dragons.



I will add a photo of the Urn soon.

The bouquets were really cute. All the brides Maids had touches of raspberry Roses Scabiosa flowers, ivory Roses, Cosmos, ivory Stock, white Stars of Bethlehem, pale yellow Tulips and mini raspberry colored Carnations and to top it off, real Raspberries.


Brides Maids


The Bride and Maid of Honor had similar bouquets except the Bride had more purple in hers. We used Chamomile, Fiddlehead Fern, ivory Roses, Campanula, purple Dahlia, ivory Stock, Scabiosa flowers, Lavender, Tweedia, flowering Mint, Thyme and Raspberries.



Bride


Maid of Honor

This wedding was at a place we had never worked called The Eagles Nest, which is in Bloomingburg, NY near Wurtsboro. http://www.theaglesnest.com Wait until you see the view.


We knew the bride from a wedding we did last October at Buttermilk Falls with www.charmedplaces.com. She was the MoH for her cousin’s wedding and now her cousin is her MoH.
For this wedding, I staged the bouquet photos at home first. I always like to do that just in case I don’t get any good wedding shots later. Then at least I have something to show on my Blog. In this case, I was able to get some nice photos while the professional photographers were taking group shots. I feel fortunate for the opportunity to take photos. At the same time, I am very respectful not to get in anyone’s way.
Bride's eye view

Maid of Honor


I loved the bridesmaid’s dresses, they were really cute and the color was striking, Eggplant. All the bridesmaids had shades of purple flowers with small touches of yellow. We used stock, Orchids, Delphinium, Campanula, with pokes of Chamomile and each one got an Artichoke, which made them look different.


I did not get photos of the Moms at the wedding so I am happy that I got this staged photo. We consider this a Moms Posey. Here we used clusters of Chamomile, yellow Freesia, purple Stock, green Spider Mums, ivory Roses and Tweedia.
 Moms

The Bride and Maid of Honors bouquets were similar but different from the rest. Generally, the MoH bouquet will have elements in it that the bride has in hers. There are a few differences here. The MoH bouquet had more yellow flowers; I added yellow Calendula & yellow Freesia in addition we used Allium and Kale. The Bride had several different colored Pansies, flowering mint, black Scabiosa flowers, and purple Lady Slipper Orchids.
Maid of Honor with the Bride


All together, these bouquets had Thyme, flowering Mint, Cosmos, Scabiosa flowers, two types of Chamomile, yellow Freesia, purple Orchids, Lady Slipper Orchids, purple Stock, blue Delphinium, purple Campanula, Allium, black& violet colored Pansies, Stock, Calendula and Kale.

the Men
Here we alternated centerpieces. We used square glass with artichokes, Echinacea, purple Stock, Zinnias, Snap Dragons and Orchids with lemons inside. The square centerpieces got gold mercury Glass votives. The other centerpieces were bubble bowls with Ivy, Kale, Zinnias, Green Eyed Susan, green Hydrangea, Snap Dragons, Stock, Orchids and rocks. For these we cord out lemons to create lemon votives.


The cocktail tables arrangements were in green glass squares with lemon votives. Here we used yellow Freesia, purple Dahlias, purple Stock, Scabiosa flowers and Kale.


The Registration table was set at the entry of the venue. We used grasses, Delphinium, Freesia, Ivy and Dahlia in a large clay urn.


For the ceremony, we used our rusted metal branch Arch. We added lichen branch, mixed summer garland and white Orchids. From the top, we hung lady Slipper Orchids from our hanging votives. Now is that a view or what? The sky and mountain looks painted.



At the end of this I wanted to include a photo I took a couple of weeks ago of a small Rainbow in a Sunset. It is inspiring and makes me so happy that I live in the Hudson Valley. I feel so fortunate to live in a place I can see a Rainbow through a Sunset.
Do you see the tiny Rainbow at the bottom of this photo?







No comments:

Post a Comment